Saturday, February 12, 2011

Birds of a Feather

As promised, yesterday's posting of my bird story continues...but first today's painting. Knowing of our bird encounters, and having fed the chickadees here in my studio herself, my dear friend and fellow artist, Kathy Mallat  gifted me for the past couple of Christmases with some lovely handcrafted birds. One is a silver chickadee and the other a more rustic clay bird. I love them both and really enjoyed the challenge of trying to capture their very different materials and textures.

On to the bird story...the other day, things were heating up in my studio (it is that time of life, don't ya know) so I opened my window. Well, that must have appeared like an invitation because look who joined me.

Can you see him hiding behind the feathers attached to my lamp? 


There he is! After closing the studio door (so the cat didn't get any ideas)  I guarded the window (after all, his buddies wanted IN, too), and my daughter Molly coaxed him safely back outside. I don't think I stopped smiling all day.
Oil on panel, 6" x 6", $100 (with free display easel) + shipping
or contact brenda@brendaferguson.com

1 comment:

Angeli said...

I love your bird tales!!
My great-aunt used to feed the chickadees out of her hand, too. They are such chipper, cheery little fellas. Can't help but make you smile!
(And I love the painting too!)