Friday, February 25, 2011

Ole!

Or I should say Ole! meets Aloha. I shot this photo years ago at the Common Ground Agricultural Fair. Sometimes I do better when I have a limited time to paint, but it's hard for me to contrive that. This time I had just over an hour at my easel before I had to leave. No time to fuss with anything. I don't know this sparsely bearded man, but I love his style.  How can you go wrong with a Mexican sombrero and a Hawaiian shirt?
Oil on panel, 6" x 6", $100 (with free display easel) + shipping
or contact brenda@brendaferguson.com

2 comments:

Virginia Floyd said...

Wonderful painting, Brenda! I'm amazed how you captured his expression with so few strokes. Great color choices, too. How can you use green and blue on his face and make it so perfect? And the light on his ear, cheek, eye and nose is amazing. I really like this one.

Paintings by Irit Bourla said...

I love your choice of colors.
Amazing!