Friday, March 25, 2011

Huddle Up

This is the second painting in my recent lighting experiment (see previous post). I wanted that same glow, but with a warmer light...so I applied two coats of black gesso and again left the spaces where the stones would go white. Once the gesso coats were completely dry I applied a cadmium yellow under painting on all of the stones. I wiped most of it off as usual and proceeded with the painting. I like the obvious warm glow of all the stones from the under painting. It's not really apparent in this image, but I also like the subtle shadows cast by the stones on the dark background.
Today's musical inspiration was this(Right click on the colored word 'this' and go to Open Link in New Tab to continue looking at the art while you listen.)
Oil on panel, 6" x 6", $100 (with free display easel) + shipping
or contact brenda@brendaferguson.com

No comments: