Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Walkin' on Sunshine

I painted this for our daughter Molly's 21st birthday yesterday. It seems like just yesterday I was saying the same thing for her 19th birthday. (Click here to view her 19th birthday painting, Red at Heart.) Molly is a creative soul who expresses herself beautifully through her art, her career, her style and her life. When I saw her in these new glittering gold shoes with her colorful tattoo peeking out, I knew I had to paint it. I actually sprinkled some very fine clear glitter into the wet oil paint on her shoes that's not visible in the scan. It's subtle but very cool when the light hits it. Shine on, Molly!
Oil on panel, 6" x 6"
NFS

3 comments:

Eileen said...

Thanks for sharing your family and their personalities with us :)

Kathy Mallat said...

Love the shine on the shoes almost as much as the shine from within the the gal who's sporting them. Twenty-one?! Wow...

Karen Bruson said...

Wow, you really can see the sparkle. How fun!