Sunday, March 4, 2012

Inside Looking Out

Here are the persimmons again. I never did get around to eating them before they spoiled, but I so enjoyed painting their waxy orange richness! I really like the colors in this one...and the way the persimmons reflect on the cream colored windowsill. It may be a one hit wonder, but I can NOT stand still for this song. It's the music I painted to today. (To continue looking at the art while you listen, right click on the colored word 'music' and go to Open Link in New Tab.)
Oil on panel, 6" x 6", $100 (with free display easel) + shipping
or contact brenda@brendaferguson.com

4 comments:

marilyn said...

The colors are fabulous, of course. I remember my first persimmon, I was about eleven years old, pulled a few off the tree and popped one into my mouth. It was before the frost, I have never forgotten.

Layne Cook said...

You can't go wrong with orange and blue-tried and true! Nice choice....

The Muse of The Day said...

Let's talk about " knowing where you are". As a viewer, in the painting " Inside Lookin Out", I know exactly where I am ... Standing beside a window looking at the persimmons perched on the window sill as if they are waiting for something or watching whatever is going on outside. This is successful,more so than in today's post, "Stacked". Do you feel the same? Where you going for something specific in "Stacked"? I can imagine that getting them to behave, like good little still life subjects was a challenge. Since we never have actually met, in person Brenda, I hope you don't take offense at my comment. I put it here, rather than in today's post in case you wanted to remove it before others actually saw it - I would completely understand if you did. Let me know if I overstepped my boundaries - I can take it. Carolina

Sunny Avocado Art said...

Very nice!