Friday, July 6, 2012

Green Means Go

I had such a good time with yesterday's painting, I wanted to try a similar one with a color combination I love...green and purple. The reference photo was turquoise, like yesterday's painting, so I used a bit of artistic license with this one. That's a stretch for me because I'm more comfortable painting what I see rather than what I imagine. I was really pleased with the reflections of the purple ground onto the undersides of the pears. Here's some great painting music. (To continue looking at the art while you listen, right click on the colored word 'music' and go to Open Link in New Tab.)
Oil on panel, 6" x 6"
SOLD

2 comments:

Anne Winthrop Cordin said...

I am really enjoying your use of color, exploring what happens in the shadows.The music connection is sweet!

Karl S said...

Very Nice Brenda, I like this a lot, the composition and the painting. great work.

Karl S