Sunday, July 1, 2012

Ride the Wave

This is the first wave I've ever painted. It's fun! I enjoyed discovering all the colors within the wave. In yesterday's post I mentioned the joy of finding a 'sweet spot' when creating each painting... the part of the art that makes my soul sing. In this one, it's all that color in the back lit wave, particularly the orange bits of glow.
This was a gift for my dear friend's birthday. She has the ocean in her blood and together we've savored visiting beaches throughout Maine during all four seasons.
Here's some of the musical inspiration. (To continue looking at the art while you listen, right click on the colored word 'musical' and go to Open Link in New Tab.)
Oil on panel, 6" x 6", NFS

3 comments:

c.dingman said...

Very Nice! Love the backlite and the wonderful splash hitting the rocks.

c.dingman said...

Great waves. Love the splash.

Watermarycolors said...

Beautiful Brenda, lovely colors!