Thursday, April 24, 2014

Baby Roo and a celebration!

A while back I'd painted a baby rooster here and it sold. This follow up was done from the same reference photo shoot and commissioned by a friend for her sweet daughter for Easter. These babies are so much fun to paint!
Oil on panel, 6" x 6"
SOLD
And on a more personal note:
Today is a momentous day. Six months after receiving a metastatic cancer diagnosis followed by 6 months of treatment, today marks the end of my 6th and final "Elixir of Life" (chemo) infusion!  I am celebrating...quietly, but a celebration nonetheless. And with that comes an overwhelming feeling of immense gratitude for the care, support and encouragement I've received. And now we wait...and I get on with the joy of living each day blissfully and with passion. This is my theme song for today...and every day. CRANK IT!!
Always...Gratefully, 
Bren 

6 comments:

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Congratulations!
My heart and prayers your healing will continue for many years!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! It is not an easy trip. Now heal and enjoy......you rock.

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Celebrating with you~ and here's also celebrating 'hope'. Hope is what carries us through, and gives us a new look at beauty and love. I love, love, love your baby roosters. May they all sell! xo

suzanneberry said...

the baby rooster is so so adorable, i love them. and you are such an inspiration my budly. we are celebrating quietly along with you and wishing you love, peace and joy.

Jo Mackenzie said...

Staying grateful can be hard but I know if I stay in that place everything around me is "do-able". I am so glad the treatment is over and your body is healing ..your art never missed a beat.

Ruth Andre said...

Brenda, I am wishing you well and am so happy for you to be celebrating this special day.